4. And if you got the bottom bunk in your dorm, drape string lights from the top to make it extra cozy.
Either hang them from command hooks on the wall that line the bottom of the top bunk or ask your roommate if you can thread them through the top bunk’s bed frame slats. Get more inspiring decor dorm pictures here.
11. Drape bigger bulbs above your nightstand for the coziest lamp you could ask for.
And save space on top of your nightstand for extra books and stuff.
12. Or hang them from a hook in a kid’s room for a modern nightlight.
This tip is perfect for teens who are still-kinda-maybe-not-a-little-somtimes afraid of the dark, but have outgrown their plastic dinosaur nightlight.
13. If you want to divide an open-concept room without making it darker, add a wall of lights.
This is a great way to give your space a sense of shape without adding walls. Place a wall of globe lights between the living room and kitchen so you can still listen to Dance Moms while you cook.
16. Another trick: Forgo a pendant light or chandelier over the dining table and just go full-on string lights.
If you have a long dining table, hang them along the length of the table to elongate the appearance of the entire spread.
19. If all else fails, drape them along a wall to make the whole place shimmer like the stars.